I suggest you...

Option to copy original Wikipedia URL

As mentioned by other users here but in different contexts, I don't necessarily want to send other people to Wikiwand and thus become an advocate for the tool. I want to have the option of sending them the original Wikipedia link, without wasting any time trying to find it.

63 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ben Bland shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Probably that will be the end of my wikwand usage. Not just that it changes the url, but it canges the structure too, it is not enough to change the text of wikiwand to wikipedia. :/// :F

• Jackson Haenchen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm the same. I often cite wikipedia on reddit and they will laugh at me if I use a wikiwand link. When sharing information, the presentation is not a priority the way it is for personal use. I know you want to share the url to spread but you should come up with a different mechanism.

• Chance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's a good point. I agree and would like this feature. Share button should have a copy original link feature or something. Forcing the Wikiwand URL is not helping anyone.

• me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same goes for the hacky "?oldformat=true" it makes the url less readable when pasting it for someone.

• me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's really annoying. Even if I like wikiwand and others might too, it's still a burden to be confronted with the new layout instead of the good old wikipedia. Especially with these new visitor overlay stuff...

Feedback and Knowledge Base